Jul 7, 2011

Binding Values of Map on Visualforce Page

I was totally messed up with this and thanks to Bob Buzzard for providing me the solution to it.


What exactly the problem is? I was trying to display values of Map on visualforce page. This code snippet will help you to understand more.
<apex:repeat value="{!MyMap}" var="M">
 <apex:repeat value="{!MyMap[M]}" var="temp">
  <apex:outputLabel value="{!temp.Test_Curr__c}"/>
 </apex:repeat>
</apex:repeat>
"MyMap" is in my controller having list of account (Map<String , List<Account>>). I just want to bind the currency field value of account with outPutField like this :
<apex:repeat value="{!MyMap}" var="M">
 <apex:repeat value="{!MyMap[M]}" var="temp">
         <apex:outputField value="{!temp.Test_Curr__c}"/>
 </apex:repeat>
</apex:repeat>
But compiler gifted me this : "Error: Could not resolve the entity from <apex:outputField> value binding '{!temp.Test_Curr__c}'. outputField can only be used with SObject fields."


Now it is mandatory for me to bind the value with outPutField as I want the formatting of currency field on my visualforce page.


Using outPutLabel doesn't provide formatting either :
<apex:repeat value="{!MyMap}" var="M">
 <apex:repeat value="{!MyMap[M]}" var="temp">
  <apex:outputLabel value="{!temp.Test_Curr__c}"/>
 </apex:repeat>
</apex:repeat>
So finally I need the Community help, and trust me it is the best place to get your answers quickly.


Workaround for this is using <apex:column> as it provides the sObject field behaviour. So my final code looks something like this :
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!MyMap}" var="M">
 <apex:repeat value="{!MyMap[M]}" var="temp">
  <apex:column value="{!temp.Test_Curr__c}" />
 </apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
For reference click here to get community post.


Hope this flaw will be fixed soon as there might be some cases where we do not want to use pageBlockTabel.


Cheers

3 comments:

  1. I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of your great post.
    Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks.
    hotmail sign up login

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this information with us I am glad to be here and read this information is really very helpful for me

    Skytorrent proxy List
    Worldwidetorrent proxy
    Kickasstorrent proxy
    torrenthoud proxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is the gift for the developer. They can have used your code to make map in website. As, you can also take advantages to obtain the Roofing Contractor Services in Cedar Park TX. These service need to secure your life's.

    ReplyDelete